Saturday, June 11, 2016, 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Join my friend and author Beth Carey and me for the 6th Annual Roswell Lavender Festival, inspired by Barrington Hall’s own lavender queen, Evelyn Simpson, a descendant of Barrington. The festival is a celebration of all things lavender and will feature the many varieties, uses, and folk remedies associated with this ancient plant. This fun event will take place on the grounds of Barrington Hall. Free admission.
Returning this year:
- Demonstrations in the Carriage House
- Children’s activities
- The Zen Zone—yoga, Pilates, aromatherapy, meditation and reflexology
- Music by Davin McCoy and others
- Lavender food samples
- A variety of vendor, featuring fine art, crafts, antiques, specialty foods, plants, and garden art
- Food trucks and booths
- Lavender beer—a perennial favorite!
- Free parking and shuttle transportation
535 Barrington Dr., Roswell, GA, 30075
Books about sisters
Have you read Kristin Hannah’s poignant and gripping novel The Nightingale set in Paris in 1939? The sisters in this excellent novel have a troubled relationship, but that’s where their story parts way with Janelle and Ali, the sisters in my book. If you have read The Nightingale, will you let me know what you think? Have you read other books about sisters you would recommend?